Information on the characteristics of the workforce can help employers make location and hiring decisions. In a rapidly changing economy, the skill requirements of employers are constantly evolving.
Our workforce training and education programs must keep pace with the changing requirements to prepare students and workers for jobs in the short term and careers in the long term. To meet business workforce needs, programs must help close skill gaps and address mismatches that exist between the supply of and demand for workers. Likewise, such information can help federal, state, and local government agencies more effectively direct new workforce development programs.
- A Quick-Start Toolkit: Building Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Data-Informed Quality Business Services for Employer Engagement and Customized Solutions
- Data to Help Small Businesses with Layoff Aversion, Start-Up Support and Entrepreneurship
- Economic Development Blueprint: Information to Support Community Planning
- Sector Strategies: Economic Development that Changes Regional Labor Markets