Competency models found in the Competency Model Clearinghouse can be used to assist students and job seekers identify occupational knowledge, skills, and abilities; determine individual skill gaps; pinpoint education and training needs; and connect to industry networks.
This video walks viewers through a step-by-step process of how to navigate the competency model website, related career planning resources and tools, and highlights related to career planning tools on CareerOneStop.
See also these other competency model resources:
- The Competency Model Clearinghouse - Capturing Skill Sets in Industry Staffing Patterns
- Competency Model Resources
- Updated Convening Guide and Videos for Working with Industry to Implement Competency Models
- New Advanced Manufacturing Competency Model
- Using Competency Models for Curriculum Development: A Video Series
- Career Pathways and Competency Models - Your Guidepost for Occupational and Technical Training
- Continuing the Conversation: Competency Models Around the Country
- Solving Industry Challenges Using Competency Models