These models are foundational tools that can be used as a starting point for sector partnerships and lead to the development of curriculum, career pathways and training, apprenticeships, and much more. Explore the resources on this page to learn more about how you can begin using competency models in your organization.
- Competency Model Clearinghouse: A Web site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The goal of the Clearinghouse is to inform the public workforce system about the value, development, and uses of competency models.
- Customizing Competency Models Through Convening Guide: An interactive guide that provides resources, real-world examples, and tools to help conveners facilitate effective competency model-focused sector partnerships.
- Career Pathways and Competency Models: A compilation of resources to assist workforce professionals use career pathways and industry competency models to guide customers to the right training.
- Meeting the Challenges of the Water Sector: A Competency Model Approach: A webinar that highlighted a real world application of the Water and Wastewater model presented by the National Rural Water Association and Environmental Protection Agency.
- Solving Industry Challenges Using Competency Models: A webinar that showcased how two higher education professionals developed their employer engagement strategy and their process of convening industry partners with the use of competency models.
- U.S. DOL Competency Model Peer Learning Group: An interactive forum for education and workforce professionals who are using or looking to use industry competency models.