CareerOneStop.org (COS) has a variety of online tools and resources that can help a variety of populations meet their needs.
Here, we want to highlight some of the tools and resources for diverse populations.
Resources for Special Populations
ETA’s CareerOneStop.org (COS) has a multitude of online tools and resources useful for every population:
- Young adults
- Career changers
- Laid-off or dislocated workers
- criminal convictionIndividuals with a
- Entry-level workers
- Older workers
- .Persons who have disabilities
Resources for Distinct At-Risk Groups
CareerOneStop also offers several targeted portals for individuals that have multiple barriers to employment and are among the most at-risk populations, such as:
- Veterans - Veteran and Military Transition Center for employment, training, and financial help after military service
- Young adults aged 16 to 24 - GetMyFuture for employment and training resources
- People with justice system involvement - Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders for relevant tools and tips on meeting employment goals
- People with disabilities - Resources for Workers with Disabilities with relevant information
Resources for the Long-Term Unemployed
For our clients who have recently lost their job or self-employment income source, their first needs might be to apply for unemployment and other benefits, or to find an immediate job to help them through a transition.
For those who have longer detachments from the labor force, visit CareerOneStop’s Worker ReEmployment section, and check out the following selected tools and resources:
- State Resource Finder - a quick way to identify local resources for housing assistance, food access, health insurance, and more
- Worker ReEmployment - laid-off workers will find targeted employment, training, and benefits information
- mySkills myFuture - displaced workers can also see how their skills transfer to other occupations
- National Labor Exchange: Need a Job Now - a job bank with openings from employers with immediate hiring opportunities
- National Labor Exchange: Virtual Jobs - a job bank for openings that are not tied to a location for those who need or prefer to work virtually.
Resources for Those Impacted by Layoffs or Disasters
For individuals impacted by disasters and needing virtual services, CareerOneStop.org (COS) recently released the Employment Recovery website. This new online resource contains information for those impacted by layoffs, natural disasters, etc.
See also the Disaster Recovery Resources on CareerOneStop for more resources.