Projections Central - State Occupational Projections from the Projections Managing Partnership
Projections Central is the U.S. Employment and Training Administration’s (ETA) site for collecting and displaying state-level occupational employment projections.
The site provides data on long-term (10-year) projections, and short-term (2-year) projections.
About Projections Central
The Projections Central site houses data populated by state or territorial government analysts who are responsible for developing employment projections under contract with the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
For each of hundreds of detailed occupations, Projections Central provides employment totals in the initial year, projected employment a decade later, the numerical difference between the initial and subsequent projection, the percentage change, and the average annual number of job openings.
Projections Managing Partnership
The mission of the Projections Consortium, which created the Projections Central, is to serve as the states' and territories' representative on the Projections Managing Partnership (PMP).
This partnership is between:
(1) the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
(2) the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
(3) the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) and
(4) the State Projections Consortium.
The PMP operates an integrated, nationwide program of state and local projections. The program is driven by customer needs to make data-informed decisions based on the most reliable and relevant occupational and industry outlook information. The Partnership's goals include:
- Operating an integrated long-term (10-year) and short-term (2-year) projections program
- Gaining further understanding of customer needs
- Responding to customer needs in a demand-driven system
- Refining operating processes to improve product quality