The U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA) maintains online a directory of Internet links for state and local employment projections.
State and Local Employment Projections Directory
This ETA directory includes direct links to :
- published industry and occupational projections for the 50 states, plus D.C. and Puerto Rico
- long-term (usually 10 years) and short-term (usually 2 years) projections, including the dates of the projections
- statewide and local projections, including an explanation of the type of locality
- each state’s employment projections web page (if available)
- a statistical table summarizing the availability of different types of projections
- each state’s primary labor market information website, and
- the key Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) employment projections websites.
Internet links for State and Local Employment Projections Directory can be easily be downloaded in word or pdf format from the site, and customized by the user.
Long-Term and Short-Term Employment Projections
National and state employment projections - both long-term (10-year) and short-term (2-year) - assist a broad number of stakeholders with decision-making and planning activities, including:
- state and local workforce professionals, counselors and planners, as well as other employment and training program staff
- DOL grant applicants and recipients
- educators, trainers and career counselors
- economic development and strategic planners
- community and faith-based organizations
- businesses and employers
- labor unions, and
- researchers, students, and the general public.