A December 21 advisory from the Census Bureau’s Andrew Hait:
I am proud to announce that the 2.3 update to the Census Business Builder suite of tools went live this morning. This release adds a number of new content and features that our users have been long-asking for. The updates include new content (including labor force data from the Quarterly Workforce Indicators dataset) and exciting new features (including new Map Customization options). For our economic development users of the Regional Analyst Edition of CBB, you can now build regions in RAE from one or more states, counties, cities/towns, or ZIP codes (the first and last options are new). There are also many other enhancements in this release, including many usability improvements for our mobile device-users of CBB.
- Revised Demographic data (from the 2012-2016 )
- More Agriculture data (now at the county level too)
- New Labor force data from the dataset (for 2- thru 4-digit NAICS codes at the state and county levels)
- Revised Consumer Spending data (now Per Household instead of Per Capita)
- Customize Map Classes (quantile and equal interval) and Color Palette (2-, 3-, and 5-color options)
- Choose Basemap (topographic, imagery, and dark)
- Margins of Error displayed in map Data Dashboard
- Other performance tweaks
View flyers that provide an Overview of the Small Business and Regional Analyst Editions of CBB.