The fall 2020 newsletter features the following items.
The Winter 2021 Newsletter features the following items.
Job Search Help for People 55 and Older
The Resources for 55+ Workers section offers information on many topics that are relevant for mature workers:
- How to beat the bias toward older workers.
- How to master technology rather than being intimidated by it.
- How to use data to help with career planning.
- Tips for networking, resume writing, and interviewing.
Video Resources for Career Professionals
CareerOneStop announces two new videos of interest to career advisors and other workforce professionals.
- The CareerOneStop Overview Video for Career Professionals offers a brief tour of the top CareerOneStop tools and resources that support education and workforce professionals in their work. Viewers can also visit CareerOneStop.org/FindIt to access a list of links to all of the resources covered in the video.
- The Occupation Profile Video offers a walk-through demonstration of the features of CareerOneStop’s Occupation Profile tool. The video is geared toward end users and is an excellent resource for counselors to direct their clients to.
Hundreds of occupation videos and career cluster videos are available in CareerOneStop’s Video Library. Workforce professionals will find other valuable materials in the Resources for Career Advisors section.
Questions about Unemployment Benefits
With the December 2020 federal law extending the amount and length of Unemployment Insurance benefit eligibility, many out-of-work Americans have questions about how to qualify and how, when, and where to file for benefits.
CareerOneStop summarizes the federal unemployment benefit enhancements and provides answer to the most common questions at FAQs about unemployment. Visitors can get their questions answered, find links to their state’s UI websites, and access further information on how their state implements the Unemployment Insurance program. They can find more employment and training resources, including how to access free virtual job search assistance at an American Job Center, at EmploymentRecovery.org.
Read more in the CareerOneStop newsletter here: https://www.careeronestop.org/News/current-connections-newsletter-fall-2020.aspx.
For questions about CareerOneStop.org, email email@example.com.