CareerOneStop includes helps job seekers explore careers, investigate salary and benefit information, research education and training opportunities, plan a job search and browse job sites, write and improve resumes and cover letters, prepare for a job interview, and search for jobs.
In addition, CareerOneStop provides links to workforce and labor market information Web sites that contain local information resources and tools.
These online e-tools are part of the CareerOneStop suite:
- America's Service Locator
- Credential's Center
- Healthcare Virtual Career Network
- My Next Move
- Mi Proximo Paso (Spanish version of My Next Move)
- My Next Move for Veterans
- mySkills myFuture
- O*Net OnLine
- Veterans Reemployment Portal
- Workers Reemployment Portal
- What's My Next Move Guide
- Business Center on CareerOneStop
- Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders
- Mobile Versions of E-Tools
- Automatic Spanish Language Translations
Online Career Exploration
Check out the "Navigating Online Career Exploration and Planning Tools: A Skills Gap Roadmap for Case Managers" created by Kip Stottlemyer of Greg Newton Associates. It helps case managers guide job-seekers through the career exploration and planning process.
The guide covers:
- Practical tips for how case managers can understand several online career planning tools at their disposal.
- Eight "At-A-Glance" templates that help case managers determine which electronic tools are most helpful to meet which customers’ needs.
- "Career Transition Roadmaps" illustrating how case managers provide career exploration in three distinct scenarios.
- An “E-Learning Resource Chart” that highlights additional resources for case managers who want to learn more.