The suite of tools available in CareerOneStop provide solutions for unemployed workers, career counselors, economic developers, educators, parents, students, businesses, workforce professionals, and job seekers.
This how-to-guide is A Skills Roadmap for Case Managers that helps anyone navigate through the tools in CareerOnestop.org.
- Practical tips for how case managers can understand several online career planning tools at their disposal;
- Eight "At-A-Glance" templates that help case managers determine which electronic tools are most helpful to meet which customers’ needs;
- "Career Transition Roadmaps" illustrating how case managers provide career exploration in three distinct scenarios; and
- An “E-Learning Resource Chart” that highlights additional resources for case managers who want to learn more.
CareerOneStop Suite of Tools
CareerOneStop can help job seekers explore careers, investigate salary and benefit information, research education and training opportunities, plan a job search and browse job sites, write and improve resumes and cover letters, prepare for a job interview, and search for jobs.
In addition, CareerOneStop provides links to workforce and labor market information websites that contain local information resources and tools.
These online e-tools are part of the CareerOneStop suite:
- America's Job Center (AJC) Finder
- Get My Future
- mySkills myFuture
- Skills Matcher
- Disaster Recovery
- Local Training Finder
- Credential's Center
- Certification Finder
- License Finder
- Veterans Reemployment Portal
- Workers Reemployment Portal
- Business Center
- Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders
- Mobile Versions of E-Tools
- Materials in Spanish Language
Career Changing and Exploration Tools for Customers
With the Skills Matcher, users can rate their skills.
Other Career Changer resources help you put your skills to work in a new career.
Visit CareerOneStop’s Explore Careers center and check out the resources there:
In addition, hundreds of newly updated career videos are available via CareerOneStop’s:
You can locate a local American Job Center (AJC) at:
- www.CareerOneStop.org/JobCenter, or
- By calling ETA's toll-free help line at 1-877-US-2JOBS (TTY: 1-877-889-5267)
Click here to access CareerOneStop’s American career center Finder.